TRAINING & PLACEMENT DEPARTMENT
The goal of Training & Placement Department is to provide relevant training and thus prepare the students to face Campus Recruitment opportunities successfully.
The Department is effectively engaged in developing the students in all needed skills.
SET UP OF TRAINING & PLACEMENT DEPARTMENT
- A “Whole Time Director” has been entrusted to Head the Department who has 40 years of rich experience in Industry / Corporate and is widely travelled and is well known in the Industry. “Whole Time Director” directly reports to the Chairman, Governing Body.
- The Department has been relocated to the entire 1st floor of the Annex Building, which houses modern classrooms, A.C. Conference room having Group Discussion (Horse Shoe Table) and personal Interview facilities
- The whole building has Wi-Fi internet facilities.
- The Department is manned by experienced B.E / B. Tech Engineers. (Training & Placement Managers) who are constantly on move throughout the country to meet the prospective recruiters / employers.
Why Campus Recruitment?
Advantages for Companies:
- Talent Pool: It gives an opportunity for the recruiters to select the best fit candidates from a large pool of students, as the class toppers may or may not prove to be the best employees. Training & Placement cell keeps record of very large student database.
- Proper Selection Process: Selection process takes place through certain rounds like Corporate Presentation, Aptitude Test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview & Personal Interview, which results in better and appropriate selections.
- Technology Supported Recruitment Process: For Companies, who are unable to come down for campus drive, Training & Placement Cell conducts the primary selection process (e.g. written test, online tests, video calling etc) as per the guidelines of the recruiting company. The final interview, for the few shortlisted candidates only, may takes place at the company Office.
- Infrastructural & Professional Support from TPOs/ Faculties and Office Staffs
- Company Presentation & Branding Platform for SMEs: Company presentation ensures the company’s reach to all the candidates at a time. It is also a branding platform for SMEs.
- Authenticity of Candidates: No need of reference for background check.
- Quicker Method: Campus Recruitment drive proves to be a faster method as the entire process of screening completes in one or two days.
- Manpower Planning: Proper Manpower Planning helps companies to make efficient budget preparation. Campus Drive plays a vital role in preparation of the budget.
- Overseas placements : Overseas companies can rely on College Authority and need not go to the agents / consultants. Training & Placement Department ensures that a candidate applying for overseas job is passport ready.
Advantages for Colleges:
- Reputation and better Admission
- Students get their 1st Job which is memorable for everyone.
- Changes in Pedagogy: According to the feedback given by the Industry, the institute changes its pedagogy that in the long run benefits the industry.
- Industry – Institute Interaction
- In addition to teaching, College contributes towards minimisation of unemployment.
- January, February & March are the ideal months for campus drive.
- For immediate joining campus recruitment drive is not the best selection process since the time lag between date of recruitment and joining is generally long.
- Experience candidates are not available.